WhatsApp is a very well-known application with billions of users around the world. Certain individuals use more than one WhatsApp account to separate individual chats from work or have separate accounts for specific reasons.
WhatsApp has begun rolling out the eagerly awaited various accounts feature to each device. With this feature, you can finally use two WhatsApp numbers on a single device. This feature will prove to be useful, particularly if you use different WhatsApp accounts for individual and office work.
Later, you would need to rely upon a secondary phone, your Android device’s application clone feature (if available), or a third-party application, which isn’t precisely secure. Since we have an official solution, let’s take a look at how you can use various WhatsApp accounts on a single phone.
Separate WhatsApp accounts can assist you to organize your conversations better and also work on your privacy. There are multiple ways of using different WhatsApp accounts on your cell phone. Recently, WhatsApp also presented native support for including multiple accounts on WhatsApp.
Things to Remember
• To use two WhatsApp accounts on one phone, you should have a second phone number connected to your device.
• As of October 2023, you can add a second account to WhatsApp for Android without installing other applications.
• To use two WhatsApp accounts on an iPhone, you’ll require both WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business.
WhatsApp Multi-Account for Android
Android users are lucky when it comes to testing the multi-account include, as it is presently being tested for them. When you update to WhatsApp 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206, you should see another drop-down arrow at the top of your Chats screen.
This arrow will show beside your QR code which you can then tap to add or switch between your different WhatsApp accounts. When you tap the arrow, the current accounts you added already will be listed alongside a choice to add more accounts. We expect that the feature should be steadily released to all beta clients worldwide in the coming weeks.
WhatsApp Multi-Account for PC
With regards to the PC version of WhatsApp, we have very little data for the multi-account included. The PC version of WhatsApp varies from the mobile form when it comes to its usefulness, as you can use it by connecting a current WhatsApp account that you have already set up on your phone.
This implies that you can’t physically register a phone number while setting up the PC variant of WhatsApp. So almost certainly, you will not have the option to set up different accounts while using the PC version of WhatsApp.
Then again, it could be that once you connect a WhatsApp account where you have already set up numerous accounts, they become available in the PC version of the application. The drop-down arrow could appear at the top of your Chats screen, which should allow you to switch between your various accounts.
However, remember that this is highly theoretical, and we will have concrete data once this feature has been officially released.
How to Set Up a Second Account on WhatsApp
To set up a second account on WhatsApp, you will require a second phone number and SIM card in your phone. This SIM card can be either a second physical SIM or an eSIM.
At the point when you have two phone numbers on your phone, follow these steps:
• Open WhatsApp.
• Go to Settings.
• Click on the arrow close to your name.
• Click “Add account” and follow the on-screen instructions to set up your second profile.
You have some control over your security and notification settings on each account.
If you can’t see the arrow close to your name, check in the Google Play Store/Apple Application Store if you have a WhatsApp application update forthcoming, and install the update. If it stays missing, you will have to wait for WhatsApp will carry out the feature on your phone.
Method to Switch between WhatsApp Accounts
At the point, it has become so obvious how to add a second number to your WhatsApp, you should also know how to switch between the two numbers easily. Open WhatsApp and tap on the upward three-dot icon. Then, at that point, select the Switch accounts choice.
You will now the account switcher pop-up from the bottom. Select the other account here, and you are all set. For switching accounts, you can follow the steps that you did while adding a second WhatsApp account, but that’s tedious. It guides you to a similar account switcher.
Presently, you should be thinking about how notifications, be they messages or calls, are handled while using the multi-account feature on WhatsApp. As the organization mentions on its official FAQ page, you “will get notifications for new messages and calls,” but you will not consequently be switched over to the particular record.
If you’re using the first account and get a notification on the second one, WhatsApp will show it but will request that you switch accounts to see the message or answer the call. You will see the “Switch accounts” button in the notification. Once you do that, you can answer, accept the call, or carry out some other role in the second account.
How to Use Multiple WhatsApp Accounts on Your Phone
You can use numerous accounts on WhatsApp in various ways. You can use WhatsApp’s official method or a third-party application to install two WhatsApp applications on your phone and use them. A few phones also offer application clone mode, which allows you to install two applications without the need for a third-party application.
- Use the WhatsApp Dual Account Feature Native
Whatsapp has begun carrying out native support for various accounts in Whatsapp. The feature is right now available for Android. You’ll require a second phone number and a SIM card or a phone that accepts multi-SIM or eSIM to use this method.
• Open Whatsapp and tap on the three dots at the upper right.
• Pick Settings from the menu.
• At the top, close to your name, you’ll see an arrow pointing down. Tap it and afterward select Add account.
• Click Agree to continue, and afterward enter the phone number for your second account.
• Follow the steps to verify the number, either by calling or messaging.
• Enter your name, add an image, and complete the useful setup steps.
To switch between accounts:
• Open WhatsApp and tap on the three dots.
• Select Switch accounts and pick the account you need to use.
If you have any issue and you want to remove an account:
• Go to Settings while using the account you need to remove.
• Pick Account – > Remove account and confirm to remove the account.
• Click Agree to proceed, and afterward enter the phone number for your second account.
• Follow the steps to verify the number, either by calling or messaging.
• Enter your name, add a picture, and complete the setup steps.
- Using Double Applications on Cell phones
Most Android cell phones offer a built-in for cloning applications. You can make a Whatsapp clone application and use two unique Whatsapp applications with various accounts on a similar phone. Samsung, Xiaomi, OnePlus, Vivo, Oppo, Huawei, Honor, and Realme are cell phone producers that offer native dual application support. Here, you can find out how to make two applications on a Samsung device. You can also perform similar strides on different devices. The application cloning feature is now not available on iPhones.
• Open Settings on your cell phone.
• Go to Advanced Features and afterward to Dual Messenger.
• Here, you will see a list of applications that can be cloned. Tap on WhatsApp.
• Click on Install at the confirmation prompt and proceed
• After cloning, the new application will show up on your Applications screen with a Dual Messenger icon on the second Whatsapp application
• Click on the application and sign in with your mobile number to make a second account.
- Using WhatsApp Business Application
You can install the Whatsapp Business application to sign in to your second Whatsapp account. Remember that the WhatsApp business account isn’t similar to the personal account. However, you can also use it as an individual account. The Whatsapp Business application is available for both iPhone and Android clients.
• Go to your Application Store, look for WhatsApp Business, and install it.
• Open the Whatsapp Business application and begin setting it up.
• Enter a different mobile number (that isn’t yet used on WhatsApp).
• Confirm your number with the OTP you got.
• Enter a name for your account and pick a profile picture.
• Finish the arrangement and use your new second WhatsApp account.
- Using Clone applications
If your mobile phone doesn’t support dual applications, you can install third-party applications to make a Whatsapp clone. Here are the two most popular third-party applications.
Using Parallel Space:
Parallel Space is free and the most famous application for cloning applications on your cell phone. With this application, you can clone WhatsApp and use numerous WhatsApp accounts on your cell phone.
• Install Parallel Space on your cell phone.
• Open the application, search for WhatsApp, and switch on dual application mode for WhatsApp.
• Another WhatsApp symbol will appear on your phone.
• Open the application and set up WhatsApp with your other number.
• Check your number with the OTP you got and restore the chat backup if you have one or skip it.
• Enter a name for your record and choose a profile picture. Finish the setup and begin using your new WhatsApp account.
Using Super Clone Application:
Super Clone is another famous application that allows you to use various Whatsapp applications on a single phone. The application is available for both Android and iOS.
• Download the Super Clone application from your application store. Open the application and select WhatsApp.
• Set up your new WhatsApp account with a different number.
• Confirm your number with the OTP you got.
• Restore your chat backup if you have one or skip it.
• Finish the setup and use your new WhatsApp account.
Using GB WhatsApp
WhatsApp GB is a modified version of the first WhatsApp and offers additional features not found in the standard application. However, it might have privacy and security issues. Also, using WhatsApp GB might result in your account being prohibited from WhatsApp as it isn’t formally supported. Whatsapp GB is only available for Android.
• Download GB WhatsApp APK. The application isn’t available on the Play Store. You can download the application from third-party sites. Enable unknown sources in your phone’s settings to install it.
• Presently open GB WhatsApp and start setting up the application.
• Enter a different mobile number (that isn’t yet used for WhatsApp)
• Confirm your number with the OTP you got.
• You can restore your account backup that you have or skip it.
• Enter a name for your record and pick a profile picture.
• Finish the setup and begin using your new WhatsApp account on GB WhatsApp.
How to Use Multiple WhatsApp Accounts on a Desktop
If you are somebody who uses various WhatsApp records and has to connect the account to your PC at once, the following are a few methods to do so:
Method 1: Use Multiple WhatsApp Accounts on a similar browser
If you want to open numerous WhatsApp accounts on your PC with a similar program, you can use one of the following methods.
I. Make a new browser profile
Programs like Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and numerous others have a component that allows you to make various profiles. This makes a different location for each activity you perform inside the browser and avoids confusion. Hence, it is possible to connect a few WhatsApp accounts to the program since each profile you create works more or less like another browser without any associated data.
For a given browser profile, the WhatsApp account you connect with is saved, and you need to log out of that account to use another WhatsApp account, which probably won’t be practical for somebody who uses different WhatsApp accounts. Luckily, by using different browser profiles, you can connect your other WhatsApp accounts to the program and thus use multiple WhatsApp accounts on the desktop. This is the way to make another profile in browsers:
1. Click the profile icon (usually your picture if you set one for the Google account related to your default profile) in the upper right corner of the Chrome homepage.
2. Navigate to the Add menu and select it.
3. Another Chrome window will open where you should click Continue without a record.
4. Make a name for the profile and pick whether you need to create a desktop shortcut for it.
5. Presently, tap done.
6. You can now use the previous steps to interface your other WhatsApp account(s) with the new Chrome profile(s).
1. In Firefox, type about profiles and press Enter.
2. Click on Make Another Profile.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions, name the profile, and tap Finish.
4. To change to the created profile, explore it on the About Profiles page and select Launch Profile in a new browser.
1. Click the profile icon at the upper right corner of the Edge homepage and select Add profile.
• 2. Select Add and tap Start without your information in the resulting window.
• 3. Now, hit Confirm and begin using the profile.
What makes it impossible for you to use different WhatsApp accounts in a single browser profile is the way that your browser information is put away. This implies that your browser will just recognize the signed-in WhatsApp record, and you should log out before you can connect to a new account. However, with the help of incognito mode, you can use another WhatsApp account in your browser. This is the way to open the incognito mode in your program:
For Chrome, click the three-dot icon on the Chrome homepage and select New Incognito Window.
Method 2: Use another browser
One more method for opening various WhatsApp accounts is to use various browsers on your PC. It’s very basic: you simply have to download another browser and sign into it if you want to use more than one WhatsApp account on your PC. The more browsers you can download to your PC, the more WhatsApp accounts you can use on it.
Method 3: Use the SessionBox extension
SessionBox is a Chrome expansion that allows users to log in to various accounts on a single website using their program. Although it is principally designed for browsers, SessionBox works like a cell phone application cloner. Using Chrome or Microsoft Edge, you can use this extension to use numerous WhatsApp accounts on the desktop. This is the way to use SessionBox to use various WhatsApp accounts on the desktop:
1. Go to the SessionBox page on the Chrome Web Store and Add it to your extensions.
2. After adding the extension, pin it to your browser’s toolbar. You’ll get a tab showing the SessionBox demo; simply close it.
3. Open WhatsApp Web in the browser; log out if you were signed into an account previously. Click on the SessionBox extension to duplicate the WhatsApp Web tab on the WhatsApp Web homepage.
4. Follow the on-screen prompts and tap Sign in as guest.
5. On the SessionBox window, click the circled plus icon (New stored session) at the front of the WhatsApp Web link to make the session.
6. Name the session and press OK.
7. Presently scan the WhatsApp web barcode for every session (tabs) you’ve opened, beginning from the first one.
Method 4: Multi-Account Container for Firefox
We have a workaround for Firefox clients who need to use numerous WhatsApp accounts on their desktops. You can set up various accounts in Firefox without logging out of one, because of an add-on called Multi-Account Container, which works more like browser profiles. You can figure out how to set it up and use various WhatsApp accounts with it below:
1. Add Multi-Account Containers to Firefox.
2. Go to the WhatsApp Web homepage and click the Multi-Account Containers extension icon on your Firefox toolbar.
3. Follow all the on-screen prompts to begin with the extension.
4. After setting up everything, click Reopen This Site.
5. Select one of the Add-on profiles.
6. Connect your WhatsApp accounts on every one of the WhatsApp Web tabs opened with the extension and begin using numerous accounts at a time.
FAQs about WhatsApp Multiple Accounts
Q1: How can I use at least three WhatsApp accounts on a single device?
A: In addition to the multiple WhatsApp accounts, you can also use third-party clone applications to install and use different WhatsApp clones on your cell phone. Remember that each WhatsApp account needs its phone number to work.
Q2: Is it secure to use application cloners or the Parallel Space application for WhatsApp?
A: Indeed, it is secure and safe to use cloner or parallel space applications for WhatsApp. Ensure you download the applications from a reputable source.
Q3: What should I do if I face issues while switching between accounts?
A: It relies upon the issue you’re having. The most common issues clients might face are notification issues, low battery, issues switching to numerous records, and more. There are various answers for every issue, for example, reinstalling the application, prioritizing notifications, switching among records, and more.
Q4: How can I ensure protection while using various WhatsApp accounts?
A: Ensure you download third-party clone applications from trustworthy sources. Try not to sign into your account on multiple accounts; this can prompt security and protection issues. Also, ensure that you keep checking the list of signed-in devices.
Q5: What happens to my WhatsApp accounts if I remove the double SIM from my phone?
A: Your WhatsApp will continue to work with your phone. You can continue to use your WhatsApp until you log out of your account.
Q6: Is it protected to use various WhatsApp accounts with third-party applications?
A: Using third-party applications to clone WhatsApp can be unsafe, as they might get to your private information or not have the same security measures as the official application. Use them with caution and just from trusted sources.
Q7: How do I make a second WhatsApp account?
A: You need a second phone number:
• Physical SIM card or eSIM: Insert a second SIM card into your phone (if it supports multi-SIM) or get an eSIM number.
• Virtual number: Use a service like Google Voice or Numero eSIM to get a virtual number.
1. Open WhatsApp.
2. Go to Settings > Account > Add Record.
3. Verify the new phone number.
4. Set up your profile for the second account.
• Linked devices: Use WhatsApp Web, Desktop, or companion applications on different devices like tablets. They are connected to your essential phone and don’t offer separate accounts.
• Business Solutions: Think about the WhatsApp Business Programming interface if you need to deal with different accounts for business purposes.
Q8: Can I receive notifications for the two accounts?
A: Yes, you can get notifications for the two accounts on your phone. However, managing them inside the application depends on the technique you’re using.
Q9: Can I keep my chats and data separate?
A: Each account will have its chat history and information. Some third-party applications might offer separate application storage or profiles for each account.
Safety and Security:
• Be careful about sharing your private data regardless, particularly while using third-party applications.
• Update WhatsApp routinely to ensure you have the updated security patches.
• Keep in mind, that using unauthorized strategies to run different accounts might violate WhatsApp’s terms of service.