The latest from Alienware company is the 17.3 inch X17 gaming laptop that can actually deliver the enjoyable 4K gaming experience. The X71 has the maximum graphics power level of 165 W and the boost clock speed of 1545 MHz. it is really the powerful for the mobile GPU and close to the highest amount of power that, NVIDIA allows for its mobile graphics chips. And it is certainly the most graphically capable laptop that is being tested.
- The laptop having the Intel core i7 11800 H and 2.3 Hz base clock and up to 4.6 Hz.
- It has the 32 GB DDR4 XMO 3466 MHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 GPU with 16 GB GDDR6 VRAM.
- 2TB NVMe SSD the support for two 2230 or 2280 sized M.2 drives, 17.3 inch UHD 3840^2160 display with 120 Hz refresh rate and 4 ms response time 500 nits.
- Windows Hello IR 720p Webcam, 15.71^11.79^0.84 inches and 7.05 pounds, 330 W power brick.
- Per key RGB keyboard with the cherry MX ultra low mechanical switches and WIFI 6E Bluetooth 5.2.
The Alienware X17 gaming performance it is proven that to be demanding at their highest graphical settings that is starting with the Red Dead Redemption. With DLSS, set to auto and no other setting adjusted and the frame rate in 4K that is went up to 60 frames per second.
Read more: New Razer Blade 15 Advanced RTX 3060 gaming laptop
The laptop delivers similarly promising results with Doom Eternal and Death loop, both are averaged around 55 to 70 frames per second with every possible setting switched to their highest option.
These all are very playable frame rates and it can run these demanding AAA games, at 4K 60 without much of the struggle like many other games are not demanding that should be able to take full advantage of its 120 Hz refresh rate display in native 4K. it also easily proves its ability to play 4K games with the finesse and that, Alien Ware a little more serious about improving its chassis design. It has the massive amount of power and Cooling required to power 4K.